Custom Room Additions and Expansions in Raleigh, NC
At Corbett Design Build, our experienced staff has been designing and building room additions and home expansions in the Raleigh, NC area since 1980. We are committed to providing the highest level of service to our community, and helping each and every client achieve the room addition or home addition of their dreams. Our custom room additions and expansions are designed with two goals in mind: to help you fall in love with your home all over again, and to provide an exceptional remodeling experience. We love to create more space in our clients’ homes by designing thoughtful, functional, room additions that transform the home into a welcoming space where the client has the room they need to entertain, host friends and family, enjoy their hobbies and downtime, and relax. If you’re ready to talk to us about designing and building room additions, give us a call today or contact us online.
What to Consider Before Building a Room Addition
When contacting us at Corbett Design Build to discuss building a room addition in Raleigh, NC, consider the following factors:
- Your timeframe and budget – We want you to have realistic expectations about how long your room addition or home expansion will take, so having a sense of when you’d like it to be completed is a great first step. We also want to stay within your budget, so having a budget to work with ahead of time will make things easier.
- Your overall design and aesthetic – You don’t need to have every detail mapped out, but a general idea of the overall design and aesthetic you’re ultimately hoping to achieve with your room addition will get us started.
- The primary purpose of the room addition or home expansion – This is key to determining the size of the room and the features you want it to have. Are you adding an extra bedroom or guest room? Will it be an office, family room, kitchen expansion, basement remodel, or garage redesign?
- The key components of your redesign that you can’t live without – You may realize that the budget you planned for may not allow you to have everything you want in your redesign. Having a sense of which features are crucial to creating the space you’ve envisioned will help you focus.
- The permitting and building restrictions in your area – Having a basic understanding of the permitting and building restrictions in your area will give you a better sense of what’s possible to achieve with your room addition or home expansion.
Effective Planning for Home Additions
If you’re not sure where to begin in gathering ideas for your room addition in Raleigh, NC, here are some questions to ask yourself that will help you begin effectively planning:
- What problem am I trying to solve with my home addition or room expansion?
- What is my timeline, project scope, and budget?
- How do I want the room addition to look and feel?
- What restrictions am I bound by with regard to space, function, time, budget, or permitting?
- What type of home additions are possible?
- Who can I hire to do this and do I need a builder, architect, and contractor?
- Should I live in my home while the work is being done?
The Process of Room Additions and Expansions
We work closely with our clients throughout the entire process of designing and building your dream room addition or home expansion. We like our clients to be as involved as possible in every stage, from the initial consultation to the final product. Here are the key stages of our process for room additions and expansions:
- Initial consultation – We’ll meet you at your home to discuss what you have in mind, your goals, your budget, and the overall function of the room addition or home expansion. We can give you a general sense of the timeframe and cost.
- Design phase – If you decide to proceed with us, we’ll move into the design phase, where we’ll create 3D renderings of your project for you to review, tweak, and approve.
- Approval and contract – Once you approve our designs and are ready to move forward, we will draw up a contract for you to review and sign. At this point, we are bound to a timeline and budget.
- Blueprints & permitting – We will draw up the official blueprints and apply for all necessary permits.
- Preparation – We will discuss how to prepare your home for our arrival and construction. If you’re staying onsite during the construction process, we’ll help you work out where you’ll sleep, which bathroom you’ll use, and we’ll help you protect your home and belongings so they won’t be damaged during the construction process.
- Construction – We pride ourselves on working efficiently and on schedule while still providing the highest quality services. We’ll communicate with you every step of the way and make every effort to stay on schedule and on budget.
- Last looks – You’ll have a chance to review our work and make sure it’s what you expected. It’s your chance to make any final changes (if possible and within scope and reason).
- Completion – Once approved, we will complete the finishing touches, including painting and installing plumbing, hardware, appliances, wiring, and other features.
Storage Sheds, Barns, & Garages
Our design and construction team can completely transform your storage shed, barn, or garage into a beautiful, functional, welcoming space for you and your family. If you have a pre-built structure in your home that you don’t need or aren’t using for its intended purpose, let us remodel and revitalize it to create your dream space and expand the size, function, and value of your home! Here are some ideas our clients have used to transform their storage sheds, barns, and garages:
- Home gym
- Home office, study, or small business space
- Art studio
- Craft room
- Dance studio
- Kid’s playroom
- Extra bedroom or guest house
- Rental space
- Band practice room
At Corbett Design Build, we offer the highest quality services from beginning to end, throughout the life of your home addition or room expansion. Click on each of the services below to learn more about each one:
Why Choose Us?
When you choose our talented professionals at Corbett Design Build for your room addition or home expansion in Raleigh, NC, you’re getting a team of people who are as committed to making your dream a reality as you are. We have decades of experience in design, construction, planning, permitting, and creating functional, beautiful living spaces for our clients. Whether you want extra room to expand your family, host guests, enjoy your hobbies, work, or anything else you can dream up, we’ve got you covered. We pride ourselves on completing the highest level of workmanship possible for each and every client while doing everything we can to stay on budget and on schedule. We want you to be involved in the project every step of the way because after all, it’s your dream we’re bringing to life, and we couldn’t do it without you!
Call Corbett Design Build for Room Additions in Raleigh, NC
If you’re ready to get started on building a room addition in Raleigh, NC, contact us at Corbett Design Build. We’ll schedule an initial consultation for your sunroom addition, back house room addition, garage or basement conversion, or whatever you need to make your home as spacious and comfortable as possible. Just call us today or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation with our team of experts.